- Rats and mice are the two most common form of rodents found in East Tennessee. Infestations from either rodent can be not only a nuisance, but can expose your family to disease and other pests.
- The house mouse and deer mouse are common rodents in our area. The mice are small and are able fit their bodies through holes as small as a dime. [pullquote]Mice are small and are able fit their bodies through holes as small as a dime.[/pullquote]
- The Norway rat and roof rat are rodents most commonly found in East Tennessee. They are larger than mice, and can be up to 8″ long. They can cause damage to your home if they make it inside, and they carry diseases.
- Food: Mice eat bugs, grains, seeds, nuts, berries and any other food they can find and hoard. Rats hoard food as well, and can gnaw through almost any material to get to food, including plastic or lead pipes.
- Signs of an invasion: Mice and rats often leave behind droppings. The Norway rat will leave marks and greasy streaks on the walls or baseboards where they follow the same paths over and over. Roof rats may leave gnaw marks, tracks or greasy trails on vertical surfaces.
- Be aware: Rats and mice carry dangerous diseases with them. Droppings and urine may contain the Hantavirus or Salmonella.
Rodents Pest Control Service Area:
Preferred Pest and Turf Management is proudly serving Knox, Loudon, Blount, Anderson, Hamblen, Grainger, Jefferson, Monroe, Sevier, and Roane counties.
Fountain CityBlount County