- Ants are the most common insect to invade homes and businesses. There are about 20 species of ants in East Tennessee including Knoxville, Maryville, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Karns, and Lenior City.
- Food: The varieties of ants eat anything from sweets, meat, cheese and other insects (alive or dead). [pullquote]There are about 20 species of ants in East Tennessee.[/pullquote]
- Where to look: Indoors, ants can be found near moisture sources (wall voids, near hot water pipes and heaters, bathrooms), sources of warmth (fireplace hearths) and in or around wood. Outdoors, you can find ants nesting in cracks in concrete, under stones, near building foundations, and under rocks, logs or decaying vegetation.
- Be aware: Although most ants are not aggressive, some bite or sting when they feel threatened. Others let off foul odors when crushed.
- Signs of an invasion: Soil piled up around an entry hole, large progression of ants late at night and sawdust sprinkles around furniture or other wood sources.
Ants Pest Control Service Area:
Preferred Pest and Turf Management is proudly serving Knox, Loudon, Blount, Anderson, Hamblen, Grainger, Jefferson, Monroe, Sevier, and Roane counties.
Dixie Lee Junction