Tennessee is home to many species of spiders; however, only three are poisonous – the black widow and the brown recluse and the brown widow. Both of these species are found in every Tennessee county. But can easily be identified and dealt with in a safe manner, so no need to freak out! But not all these spiders are harmful, honestly many are great and a natural pest control for your home / yard or business. Here are a few reason spiders are so great!
- Spiders just eat other insects we usually find pretty scary, including mosquitoes carrying malaria (the world’s #1 fatal disease) and flies carrying cholera.
- The presence of spiders in your house is a sign that 2,000 fewer bugs per spider will be there every year.
- In your garden, spiders eat those bugs that love to damage your plants! In fact, they’re used in organic cotton farming for exactly this reason.
- It’s actually rare for most spiders to bite humans, unless they feel threatened in some way.
- Spiders love to eat mosquitoes. That’s a terrific reason to keep them around. Mosquitoes actually want to eat you; spiders are terrified of you, and only want to run away from you.
- Spiders are generally a sign of good luck in many cultures the world over!
So You can seal all cracks and crevices where spiders may enter the home and additionally be sure to spray for spiders and ticks and mites this time of year as their breeding season gears up But also remember to Call Preferred Pest Termite & Turf for all your Pest Control and Lawn Needs at 865-297-3789